Friday, June 5, 2009

Kettlebell Training

What are kettlebells? I like to call it a functional moving weight which challenges your neuromuscular system. We are not bench pressing, squatting or doing shoulder presses in a stable environment all the time. Our bodies are always moving...whether you are moving boxes, walking your dog, picking up your kids, nieces or nephews and swinging them around, or engaged in some type of sports or physical activity, your body is always moving functionally. The problem with a traditional weight training program is that you are normally engaged in a one dimensional exercise. Our body works in several planes of motions. The more you can train your body to function in that manner, the better your fitness level will be. Oh, and don't forget, Kettlebells are great in burning fat by combining both strength and cardiovascular into one, along with core conditioning, coordination, and balance. It's a fun and great workout as well. Never boring and always challenging.

I have been training with kettlebells the last few years and can absolutely vouch for the results it has produced for my clients and for myself. I can't wait for the trade show this weekend with Kettlebell Concepts. It will be brutal..2 full days! Uh-oh... but I will be bringing back my skills in order to prepare for future kettlebell bootcamp! Stay tuned for more details.

Here is a more detailed article http://blogs.ajc.com/better-health/2009/05/20/thinner-you-kettlebell-training-the-hottest-fitness-trend-you-never-heard-of/

AND also a youtube video with Adman Cronin, one of the Kettlebell Concepts Master Trainer I took my certification course under http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aff6BoDIYik

No comments:

Post a Comment