Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kettlebell update and Time management for exercise

I am finally recovered from the 2 day intense Kettlebell conference. I felt so beaten up afterwards and even tried to carry 90 lbs of kettlebells home. After 3 long blocks, I had to cab it. I had no energy left. I'm excited to start working on the material I learned from the conference for upcoming kettlebell bootcamp! For those of you know who have no idea what they are or have never worked with them before, trust me...you will feel it! Check out my previous blog for more details.

In the meantime, have you learned how to balance time management with exercise?
When you have a thousand things to do, it can feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day. You wake up, get the kids (or yourself) ready for school, go to work, come home from work, cook dinner, help the kids with their homework, get them ready for bed and before you know it, the day is done. Time for exercise? That's a joke. You'll never be able to do it all, but you can make it workable. Adjust your schedule and see where you can compromise to ensure that your needs are met. Maybe a morning workout is in order or perhaps you can fit an hour-long walk in at lunch. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Being healthy is a LIFESTYLE change. If it is important to you, you will find a way to incoporate it into your life. There is NEVER enough time in the day, but you always have time to take care of yourself. There is absolutely NO excuse! On days you cannot exercise, make sure you are moving instead of sitting your behind all day long. Any little thing you do will add up, whether it's walking to the store, walking up and down stairs, in the hallway, stretching every hour...everything counts! The more active you are, the more prevent weight gain as your metabolism slows down through the years. Engage in fun activites you enjoy. As long as you like them, you will stay motivated to keep moving.

I've heard over a million excuses not to exercise or not enough time to eat properly. What happened to planning? If you know you have a busy day coming up, prepare your meals the day before! Try my job for our change. The days I used to train 5-7 clients back to back, I had no time to sit down for a meal and had to depend on protein shakes and bars..better than nothing! I depend on my blackberry for scheduling. I lead an extremely active lifestyle and if I didn't fuel myself properly, I would never make it throughout the day. The last day of the kettlebell conference, I had continuous courses from 7a-230p with only an interval of 10-15 minute breaks. Obviously I can't have a sit down meal, but I loaded up with water, gatorade, protein bars, fruit, nuts, multigrain cereal and brown rice cakes with peanut butter.

In any case, poor preparation = sidetrack in goals. It's up to you!

We will be playing with kettlebells this Saturday. If you're up for Cindy Lai Kickass Kettelbell Bootcamp, reserve now!

Bst,
Cindy Lai Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment